Thread: Sleep Patterns?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker814 View Post
Sorry everyone that you guys don't get much sleep.

Do you guys work with this condition? Im on workers comp right now so I've been home but I was wondering how do you guys deal with going to work with this going on???
Hi Breaker!

I have RSD in the right side of my face, both hands, left arm and left leg. I developed it 20 yrs ago in my face and the other areas came about in 2009 - spread from a new injury. RSD has certainly affected my sleep! Can't tolerate many meds, so going that route didn't help! I was not sleeping well at all, but am doing somewhat better now because my pain isn't quite as bad as it was.

In 2011, I had two spinal cord stimulators implanted (thoracic & cervical). The cervical scs helped me regain the use of my hands/arm. With that, I am able to continue working. It was questionable there for a while, but the scs helped me greatly. I have days that aren't so good and wonder how I am going to keep going, but I just keep plugging along! I cannot do the activities that I used to (scrapbooking, drawing) which bums me out, but I am still working and that is a good thing! Being able to work is very important to me, so it takes all of my being to get through the workday and that doesn't leave strength for anything else really. Luckily I have a great husband who picks up the slack at home

With RSD, your "normal" definitely changes, you adapt to the best of your abilities...everyone is different in how they adapt.

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote