View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes you can. I wouldn't go over twice a day though until you
find out what is causing your feet to increase with pain.
Epsom salts are just for relief of discomfort. If your PAIN is being generated in the spine it will not block that. But magnesium can help with vascular issues (circulation). That is called ischemic pain as opposed to pain generated by inflammation (arthritis), or compressed nerves. I've lost track of your history, other than the thyroid issues. So do pay attention to your worsening feet as a sign that something else may be going on, etc.

Do you have compressive issues? Have you tried Biofreeze?
Lidoderm patches? Do you have increased PN in the hands as well?
Thank you as always Mrs. D.

I am not sure about pain generated in the spine - I dont have any pain in my back. As to the vascular issues (circulation), I had a Lower Extremity Doppler (not sure if that was the name of the test), but the purpose is to see if I have good circulation in my leg - the result was normal. I have osteoarthritis, but mostly in my hands and fingers.

What could be the symptoms of compressive issues? I had MRI of the cervical spine and the impressions are:

1. Mild cervical spondylosis, particularly at C-3-C4 where there is an
approximately 2.5 to 3 mm focal central disc herniation, which extends
to the level of hte cord with no mass effect on the cord.
2. Mild ventral extradural defect on C4-C5 from a small posterior disc/
osteophyte complex.

The neuro seems not concerned about the results.

I tried Biofreeze in my osteoarthritis.
Last night, I put Lidoderm in the spots where you suggested : back of the knees, in-steps and at the front of the ankles.

The pain that I feel in my feet is the same I felt before when the first neurologist diagnosed me of Peripheral Neuropathy. Painful soles (like you are stepping on sharp marbles; tired feet/legs, like the feeling when you stand too long but mine is 10x the regular tiredness; sensation of sharp sparks beneath the skin in the ankle areas.

I dont have much problem with my hands except with the pain of the osteoarthritis.

Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote