View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
you guys with abnormal cspine mris..

does your neck vertebrae (???) discs or whatever, do they crunch? mine crunch and sometimes then i'm flared up they crunch AND itch which i figure is really bad and means i'm irritating the nerves
My neck has done the "snap, crackle, pop" thing for years and the severity doesn't always correspond to a flare. I've been told by every doctor I've asked that it is normal and nothing to worry about if all other testing is clear. I've never associated any itching with it though.

Quote:
hey nospam, does the intelliskin constrict your tos area at all..like the upper trap?
No, it feels to me that all the work of the garment is being done in the middle and lower trap and the rhomboids (my main areas of weakness according to PT). Once the shirt is on, it doesn't feel like its doing that much. There is a slight pull on the head of the bicep/shoulder with the sleeved shirt which the sleeveless tank doesn't do (or the bra I would guess). I believe this helps open up the thoracic outlet which is why the shirt is a bit more effective than the tank for me. Otherwise, it just feels like my weak back muscles are finally activating and not letting the upper trap and pecs override them. It doesn't feel like a brace, just a performance exercise shirt.

Quote:
my new crazy theory is i have tos but it's some awful interaction of subclinical hypothyroidism/EDS/RSI aka trauma that's giving me like the worst fibro ever. none of my muscles feel normal. they all feel heavy and have poor circulation. even in my legs. the heaviness started before i had nerve pain i just didnt know what it was. any time i've overstretched i'm basically irritating (not to the point of damaging) the myelin sheaths and they never fully recover and they're constantly pressed on my heavy muscles/poor circulation. when the nerves get irritated all of the surrounding muscles clamp down. so the vicious cycle continues!!
Has anything been able to break the cycle? Toradol or Medrol maybe? I had a similar experience prior to my cervical fusion. I had been diagnosed with both TOS and cervical stenosis at the time. My neurologist decided to get a lumbar MRI and found I had disc compression there as well. Prior to this finding, fibromyalgia was suspected. Medrol broke the cycle. I've found Toradol works better for me than the Medrol Dosepak. Have you had MRI of your lumbar spine, EMG of both upper and lower extremities? The EMGs are not fun, but should be done IMO.

Are you on Lyrica or Neurontin as well as Cymbalta or Pamelor? What are you taking?

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (03-22-2012), mspennyloafer (03-27-2012)