Thread: Prialt therapy
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Why no PNS??

I am in agreement with BM,,why did your MD skip right over PNS and go to Motor Cortex??
This is something I would discuss with your MD, he may not be aware of the stats on TN patients and the success rate that MD's that have performed this before are getting...very high success rate and as BM said minimally invasive,,,,it's not perfect but if you can travel and get the right MD and programmer it can be a life saver,,,,I know I just had one done and the change is remarkable. Have cut down on the meds and will continue to do so,,,will always be on some but I hope to get to half of what I was on,,,and yes I had been under the care of an excellent Pain Mgmt MD for many years,,,please look into this before you make any decisions and if your MD says no, ask why get clear answers and then go to a clinic that does them for a second opinion,,,,make sure you are not a candidate before you rule this out,,,,if we are confusing you PNS is another name for a neurostimulator that is usually placed in the back or neck but is now being used to treat TN patients,,please look into it, also if you are curious look at the thread on PNS,,lots of useful info there,,Good luck we are all here for you should you need help,,don"t hesitate to ask,,we have all been where you are and are honored to help when ever we can.....Beth
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (03-22-2012)