View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Julie,

Do you know about the Boston to New York Trolley Line from the late 1800' to early 1900's. The old road bed is still in place in many areas as it snakes across CT. There are also many other lines between the bigger cities and towns. It is a fabulous place to take long quiet walks.

You could have a great time walking with your son. In the 70's, I would ride bikes and motor bikes on it during the spring and summer, then walk it with my dad and brothers while hunting pheasant and squirrels during the fall.

The various trolley museums may have maps of the old road beds.

There is something special about the sounds of nature that settles the brain better than any recording.

btw, You can do you own cognitive therapy by working with your son on math tables and other mind math. Re-establishing the thinking patterns/skills for finite things like math are easiest. The more abstract thinking is often a struggle.

I have had to relearn mental math at least 4 times after previous concussions. It is done best when it is just a challenge and not a mandatory task. I would try to add up a few items to see if i could beat the check out girl with her register. It only works when you just have a few items and you know the prices. It is quite a thrill to beat the check out girl. (Don't mean to be sexist but the women/girls are the best so I just ignore the guys)

This can also be a fun challenge with your son.

Sudoku is too intense but Numbrix is a good challenge.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-22-2012), JulieRN (03-22-2012), Soccergal (03-23-2012), thedude58 (09-04-2014), xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-21-2012)