Thread: Sleep Patterns?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I've had RSD for 11 years. The first 4 or 5 I was incredibly sleep deprived, and this certainly made everything worse.

I've worked out to take more meds in the evening, so I'm at a very low pain level for a few hours. Warm baths with Epsom Salts help. Heating pads. Even CD's that help your brain to relax and prepare for sleep are wonderful IMO. If you're hypersensitive to noise, you might find yourself pushing your bedtime back because you're more comfortable at night. I've changed out my curtains to reduce neighborhood noise, and it's helped quite a bit.

Having sheets that are soft can help if you have allodynia. At a pillow (or pillows) to cushion a bad limb/s is something to try.

Are you having chills and nightsweats? I used to wake up all the time from them and have learned to have lots of layers on my bed so I can add or subtract through the night...

Meds can also increase sleep apnea as well. If there's a chance this is an issue, a sleep study is a good idea.

I'm not a big fan of sleep meds, but I did have a prescription for herbal med that was quite effective with no side effects a few years back. So, ask your doc about options.

Your body Can't heal without a normal sleep pattern!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote