View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking I reacted the same way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Yah, it's right on the bottle and it stinks because I am really weird about taking pills without milk (don't even get me started on milk itself, I will only drink one brand, hehe). On the bottle, these are the following stickers:

• You should avoid prolonged or excessive exposure to direct and/or artificial sunlight while taking this medicine.

• Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant, suspect that you are pregnant, or while breast feeding. Check with your doctor or pharmacist.

• Take this medicine with a full glass of water.

• Take this medicine with a snack or a small meal if stomach upset occurs.

• Do not take antacids, vitamins, iron, or dairy products within 2 hours of taking this medicine.

What I don't get is inside if it says upset occurs to try yogurt!! I am pretty sure yogurt is a dairy product. Drug name listed on bottle (which appears to be abbreviated):

DOXYCYCL HYC 100MG

This medicine is a(n) blue oblong-shaped capsule imprinted with west-ward on one side and 3142 on the other side. Add info: Black ink.
I also threw up on doxycycline for 2 days into it I went to emerg and the doctor gave me a prescription for this very expensive anti nausea drugs then when I went to leave he actually noticed I have a nystagmus in my eye which was causing my vision to give me motion sickness. Also connected to canalithiases which is small particles in ur ear which also give you vertigo or nausea. Lyme can do some strange things that are hard to find meanings for. I deal with all of these issues and my most recent one is now vibrations make me noxious! I totally thought it was the doxycycline but had to stop fluconazole for candida. I am working on cutting down on my scripts with my doctor as with lyme my body is already processing n eliminating so many toxins that the extra load doesn't seem to help for me anyways. I find that I have brand new sensitivities to just about everything! milk and food and definitely no laying down. I got bad heartburn too and I found that making myself burp works too. kinda grosse but helped. Hope things get smoother for you. I can feel the frustration in your post. Take care
KarenB23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote