View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I started with Hyperthroid (Graves Disease) about 15 years ago. I was unaware I had this disease. My internist did a general blood test and unknown to me; added throid testing.

My doctor called me and asked if I was aware of having this disease because I had not complained of symptoms. I had issues..difficulty climbing stairs, stooping to do the vacuum, started loosing some hair; but attributed a lot of this to getting older. I was sent to an Endocronologist and was treated with tapazole for a few years. Then went into remission for a couple of years. My endo, has me come in every 4 to 6 mos for blood work testing the throid. Eventually, I went into Hypotroidism about 8 years ago.

I am still Hypothroid and take Syntroid every a.m. without food. I will likely stay this way. My next appointment with the endo is in 6 mos. This is the longest he will go without testing my throid.This is very important in order to maintain the correct med dosage.

Thanks once again, Mrs. D. regarding the need to take the magnesium; especially since I am taking the Furosemide. The spironolactone is suppose to help maintain the potassium while still being a diuretic.

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote