View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Julie

Mark's suggestion to try to beat the checkout girls is too ambitious for me at this point in my own recovery. But if you guys can do it - knock yourselves out!

(The stimulation of being in the grocery store with all the people talking, the music overhead and the beeping of the cash register is probably what would most hold me back in that game...)

I have found that playing math games on lumosity has helped my simple math skills a great deal. When I first started playing them in May '10, I couldn't even add or subtract reliably. Before the injury, I had no problems with Math; as a Jr in High School I was learning pre-calculus in Algebra II. Although I never had any trouble with it, I never felt very passionately about it so that was my last real math class because it was the requirement to get into a University at the time. But at work and in my personal life (like trying to calculate 20% of a bill for a tip, or adding the tip to the total) I was using a lot of simple math on a very regular basis, so I was quite concerned that I wasn't able to perform those tasks anymore. I'm still not as good as I was before the injury, but I'm a LOT better than I was in May '10.

So, you might like to try some of the Math games on lumosity for a challenge too. They only have simple math problems: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JulieRN (03-23-2012)