View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Yes, something good did happen this week!

I went out to get the mail in and Rick, my neighbor in the cul de sac that has ALS, was riding up and down the street in his power chair. His assistant was with him, too.

I have such a hard time understanding Rick when he talks. I feel so bad because he tries so hard and I sort of have to guess at what he's saying to me.

Well, his assistant Dave asked how I was and I replied that I was fine. I asked him how he was and then I asked Rick how he was.

I could tell he was really trying hard to speak clearly and what he said I understood! It wasn't crystal clear but I did understand him. He said "Life's good". Two simple little words but he managed to say them to me and I nearly cried. Here's a man who, just five short years ago, was mowing his own lawn. Driving his classic Mustang and going to Brave's baseball games. Now the outing of the day is riding up and down the street in his power chair. But, to him, life's still good. I could learn a lesson from this dear man.
And this is exactly what I mean. Now something good has happened to me. Thanks Kelly and Cyn.

Tilt!

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-22-2012), Twinkletoes (03-23-2012)