View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Suzanne ~ Yes, the leads were removed -- everything was removed. LOL

Taking the SCS out was a little more difficult than putting it in, because scar tissue had developed around the leads and the "generator." So it took a little longer, and I was a little more "sore" afterwards, but it was nothing serious. I didn't have any big problems afterwards, although I STILL have a sensitive spot in my upper back where the leads were --- if it's touched, I get a "zing." LOL It's undoubtedly from scar tissue.

So don't worry about the removal. It's really no big deal. You'll just want to rest up for a couple of days, and after that you'll be okay except you'll have the PAIN to deal with from the original injury -- but I'm sure you expected that, right? I sure wish they could come up with SOMETHING for this darned pain! Best of luck to you Suzanne! God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-22-2012)