Thread: Concussions
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussions

Hello everyone,
I am writing because I am concerned about something and would like your opinions.

I am a 20 year old female who suffered a concussion 4 weeks ago. I had a massive headache, felt dizzy and nauseous for the first week and a half.
Then I felt pretty good, my symptoms had gone away so I decided to go to my gym class but not giving all I had, you know, take it easy. Turns out, I felt extremely dizzy, and sat out for 30 minutes, later that day, I had full blown concussion symptoms - they had all returned but also had memory problems and I am aggravated really easily, and I was so angry about something that I kept seeing black dots everywhere.
Now I still feel headaches and nauseous, I am not eating properly because eating makes me feel nauseous and my symptoms are long lasting, its been 22 days now!!!

Advice? What should I do? I've been resting, having lots of sleep and lots of naps too, but I still feel extremely tired. I want to get back on my feet and do sports, I am a very active person and not being able to do sports is making me go crazy and feels like it's the end of the world.

I've also heard and read about Post Concussive Syndrome, would I possibly have that?

Would really appreciate your opinion! Dying to get better here
cait10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote