View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I agree - check with an eye doctor. I've always had floaters and they don't bother me, but I started having bright white flashes in Feb. I ignored them but did mention a few weeks later to my dr and she told me to get in to my eye doc immediately. I got in that day and was referred to a Retina Surgeon.

Turns out I had small tears (holes) in the retina of my eyes. Zap zap with the laser and they are "welded" closed. If not "fixed", the these small holes can turn into a detachment of the retina, that's when you start to lose vision.

I'm thrilled - saved my sight in both eyes with a few zaps of a laser.

Since you're seeing colours, it may very well be what Mark is describing. But, as noted by winic1, better safe than sorry. However, it's probably not retina tears if they checked your eyes in emergency (and by that I mean, put drops in to dilate them and look through the pupil with special equip).

Good luck,

X-Soccergal
Female, 44 years old. Several concussions over the years - the first was most severe (kicked by horse), recovered well. Last 2 concussions Oct, 2009 and were two weeks apart. I attempted to return to working 12 hrs/wk (working from home), but was unsuccessful. Currently applying for medical disability.

Primary Symptoms: dizziness, light & sound sensitivity, confusion, difficulty focusing attention, headaches, depression, exteme fatigue, some insomnia and occassional speach problems - stammer, halted speach as I try to find the word or thought and using incorrect words. Trouble focusing on conversation if there is other noise around - especially other conversations.

Soccergal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-22-2012), SpaceCadet (03-22-2012)