View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 08:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerm View Post
I've had two surgeries in the last 12 months, and my last MRI shows a Tarlov Cyst. Doctor's tell me "it's nothing to worry about", but my pain is increasing to the point I can barely get out of bed. I take pain medicine every day, but nothing is helping. My last surgery was in December, and things have steadily declined. The pain I'm having is the same as the herniated disc. I've always been incredibly healthy and active. I'm at wits end and some days don't think I can go on any longer. I have a 2 year old son that I can't even play with many days, and I don't know where to turn. Any suggestions? I tried Johns Hopkins, but Dr. Donlin Long's office referred me to another physician there for a spinal cord stimulator. I can do that anywhere, I want to be sure the cyst is nothing to worry about???
sorry to hear of your misery. i too suffered 24/7 for i yr. before having mri that showed a 7 and 11 cm. tarlov cyst. neuroligist said they weren't causing my pain but it was coming from sacrum area. it was total misery. when my second grandchild was born i could have never carried her across the room. i ended up getting disability for the tarlov cyst and the emotional mess i was from my life falling apart. time not working finally got my pain under control. i know take neurontin twice a day and 8 yrs. later it i am still functioning and working minimal. best of luck to you.
linda elliott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote