View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

cait10,

I think Lagr said it best.

You have no control over how your brain heals. the only thing you can control is your behavior and attitude. Anxiety is bad for healing. Doing to much physically can also be bad.

No matter how much you want to get back to your sports and physical activities, your brain is in control or better, struggling to regain control.

There are three things you can do, rest, rest, and rest.

Rest your body, minimal physical exertion.

Rest your brain, minimal cognitive exertion.

Rest your emotions, give up any current thoughts and anxieties to get active as soon as possible.

When your brain starts doing better, you can slowly start some activities.

Remember one important truth.

Just because you have a few days of feeling great and back to normal, your brain is still needing to heal. It takes weeks of feeling great and back to normal for your brain to be ready to take on more effort.

When you get to this point, try some simple low impact activities, both physically and cognitively. Wait a few days to see how your brain reacts. If you have no relapses of symptoms, try the same level of activities for two days then wait again.

There are lots of people who can tell you their experiences with "I feel great. I going to get back to my life" They may even get back to their old life for a week or more before the symptoms hit them hard. It may take weeks to get back to a single day of feeling great.

Healing comes from linking good days into good weeks into good months.

It is a very slow process and you are just getting started.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-23-2012)