Thread: Concussions
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For your son, continuing the amitriptyline seems an odd choice, if it's not working, after a head injury (when seizure meds are often used), when he's got headaches (which seizure meds are often used for), since it *isn't* a seizure med. I mean, sure, it's cheap, but if it's not doing any good, what's the point?

One would think that they'd try Topamax (usual first choice of seizure meds for headaches) or Keppra (usual med they give you to prevent seizures after a head injury, but more expensive than Topamax) instead...if the other isn't working, it's not like switching could work less well, if there's no other contraindications for the meds.

To the OP - if you're getting lots of sleep and lots of naps, too, and you're having lots of nausea still, are you having more nausea at certain times during the day than others? Because sometimes if you sleep a lot at different times during the day, your brain can gets confused about when it should be releasing certain hormones, and it can cause nausea that won't go away with normal over the counter nausea meds. For the last few years, I've been feeling sick when I wake up if I come home from work and nap, but I never used to be like that.
roxyhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote