View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so glad I found this thread even though it is old because I have been shorted 60 oxycontin on a 90 pill prescription - I immediately called the pharmacy and asked to talk to the main person in charge.

I told them that I was missing 60 pills and that this kind of mistake with a highly regulated drug concerned me and that I was calling the police because I thought they should be involved.

I didn't mean to threaten the pharmacy - it was a Walgreens and I had been doing business with them for over 10 years with my Oxycontin prescriptions and never had a mistake - so I was truly concerned about someone taking the pills who might need help etc....

The pharmacist (a new guy I had never worked with before) told me not to call the police and he would have the pills ready as soon as I wanted to pick them up.

I told him that was fine but asked about tracking and that the total count at the pharmacy for Oxycontin 10mgs should show that there are 60 pills over -

He kept telling me not to call the police and was very afraid - I could tell from his responses.....

Then I had another run in with this guy when he filled my short acting oxycodone prescription and I found several oxycontins mixed in with the 5mg oxycodones - I didn't know what to do -

I also had picked up my Oxycontin prescription on one day and three days later went to pick up different prescription and they gave another, duplicate Oxycontin prescription - I gave it back immediately and told them it was a mistake....

I also was supposed to get a prescription for flexeril and when I took the bottle out of the bag it was a prescription with my name and address etc for Exalgo 12mg tabs -

So something is going on at this pharmacy - and although I do not like to make assumptions - it seems to happen with just the one pharmacist -

So in all the years I have been getting prescriptions at Walgreens I have had no problems until last year when this new pharmacist started and since then I have had so many issues with highly regulated drugs....

In retrospect I think I should call the police and just let them know what has happened - even though I don't have proof - just to make them aware in case anyone else has had problems -

If this happens to anyone taking highly regulated medications - I think the first phone call should be to the police - even if it is only three pills - that is alot of problems for people who need these meds daily/hourly etc.

Any thoughts on this - calling the police and letting them know what has been happening?

Thank you - K from WI
thinkitdoit7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote