View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockedwings View Post
Hi,
1. Does the rib grow back after the resection?
2. Has anyone worked with Dr. Brantigan?
3. What are your personal experiences with the current treatments for VASCULAR TOS/ with neurogenic complications. (I've been really scared by a lot of postings on the site about bad results)!
4. Anyone get the fibrous bundle release done before the rib resection?
5. How does the surgeon know if the resection worked? Has anyone asked their surgeon that question?
6 Where do they go in for the rib (under the arm pit, or over the rib)? Any ideas on difference?
7. Is the surgery worth the downtime and pain?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. At this point I'm thinking of flying to Denver from Rhode Island to get a more complex assessment of all the symptoms, not just from a vascular perspective.
  1. No, the rib is permanantely removed
  2. Plenty, search this forum for "Brantigan"
  3. The people that get better stop posting so you get mostly folks with bad outcomes or continuing complications posting here
  4. I'm not sure if you mean scalenectomy or pec minor release here. Search this forum and ye shall find more info
  5. Both techniques are utilized and it is usually by the preference of the surgeon. This website has a lot of good info - http://surgery.wustl.edu/TOS_For_Patients.aspx
  6. I'm sure those with a positive outcome would say yes, those without would say no. I haven't had my surgery yet so I can't yet answer.

Maybe take a look at this thread as well - http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=166498

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote