Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Hello

I am 34 years old and was diagnosed with idiopathic peripheral neuropathy about 7 months ago. I have seen 2 different neurologists and both of them want to put me on antidepressants to treat the symptoms. One of them even told me that maybe my symptoms were in my head. I have a lot of tingling in my hands and feet, particularly on the left side. I also have pain, mostly on the left side of my body and some days my left side feels weaker. Right now I am afraid because I don't know what is causing this or if it is going to get worse. What makes me afraid the most is that I will get worse and not be able to take care of my 2 small children.

I have been going to the gym for about 2 months now and it seems to make me feel better. I have also recently gone on the paleo diet because some people have told me that it could be a food intolerance. And I am going to start yoga because I feel that stress makes my symptoms worse.

I am very thankful for this forum...despite my new efforts my symptoms were bad today and I'm feeling a little discouraged.

Any advice on how to manage this problem is most welcome. Thanks.
lindsayjane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-24-2012)