View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am "trying" to be proactive with what I put in my body.

You choose a gatorade drink that is blue colored, only to find it has high fructose corn syrup, AND the dye used to make it blue is made from ...petroleum! How is that allowable?

I try to stick to my local farms. I just got a half cow. No pink slime there! no ammonia either. I drink raw not processed milk. To pasteurize the milk the heat it from a live product till its dead. No probiotics, no live bacteria...it took me a while to find raw milk that we like, and tastes good.

We eat out of our gardens most of the year, but this year we ran short because we were so generous and had to supplement because while I was so sick DH was in charge of food gathering and prep. We are label readers, and were amazed at how many products are full of chemicals now. Full of sugar AND aspartame. Full of HFCS and sucrulose. Its scary! We started paying attention to the corn crops that are being grown in the heart lands and most of them are being grown "round up ready" or for Monsanto for use in pharmaceuticals. Beets are being grown for the sugar used as a base in many meds, and the change is here! we are no longer farming, because we are pharming! its scary to me that most of the corn grown today cannot be consumed by humans until its processed into high fructose corn syrup. Scary!

Start reading labels and you will be amazed at just how many chemicals are in your simple box of food.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote