View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default can't agree

No, I still have a problem with the system. I had 6 surgeries with no health insurance. I never qualified for ANY insurance and I fell apart. I had pre-existing conditions which removed me from the insurance pool. So my folks set up a trust. This trust was not given to pay for medical proceedures, but to keep me in my home to pay the taxes and insurance on my home I and my mother paid for. The Agencies didn't care what it said, as long as it benefited me in any way, I was not allowed to keep it. So I lost all two generations saved for to keep this roof over my head. I now cannot pay for taxes and insurance, and this house is still caught in the same trust. I will loose the very thing we tried to protect. No I am bitter, I worked 30 years through pain and illness. This system is set up for failure. I am not allowed to even HAVE the amount of money it takes to pay the taxes. Just what am I suppose to do? I am seeking legal help with my state Rep. I am doing all I can, but I face loosing this place that I fully paid for because this system denied me what was clearly set up in the trust. I am beyond angry. It took almost four years to receive my benefits, though I was clearly disabled, and I DID have a wonderful lawyer. I did all the right applications and timing. This lawyer knew all the laws, as that is all he has done for 30 years. No, the system wasn't good for me. Maybe it works out for others, and I am truely happy for them. But when you face being homeless when you paid for your home, your attitude changes a bit. It depends on which side of issue you are on, and from each persons own perspective. I mean no disrespect for any who comment on this SSD issue. It is just from MY perspective that I feel this system fails terribly. I worked until I risked being paralized, as I knew I would be in trouble with medical issues, and issues regarding my home. My effort almost cost me my life, and it threatens my home. If you had to go through what I have been through, you may not see this the same way. I respectfully offer my own opinion. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ladydeedee (03-24-2012)