Thread: sympathectomy?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have not heard anything good about this procedure and personally would never consider it.

Another thing that I recommend is tDCS. There is a thread on here about it. It is not invasive and several members here on the forum (myself included) have seen positive results from the treatment. It is fairly inexpensive (only cost me about $300 for equipment) and has little to no side effects. Some people who have gotten no relief from anything else have seen absolutely great results and I think this would be a better, safer option to try before even considering a sympathectomy. In fact...I personally believe it should be one of the first steps in RSD treatment before anything invasive.

But physical therapy and desensitization have been key for me in regaining the function and getting back that sense of "normal" in my life. I push through the pain a lot and Naturelover said...the more you do things and push yourself, the better the results over time. Hurts like all get out to do it...I know...but if you can then it is SO worth it.

Take care and hopefully you are able to find some relief.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lupus777 (03-24-2012)