View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Thanks for your replies. They were completed with conscious sedation. I do vaguely remember talking to the doctor. Not sure about what. Due to my schedule I was going every other week for the first 3. If they want to do more blocks I will be off of work for the following 2 weeks so that they can be done right after each other. What was in the block cocktail that you had. I did ask about different meds in the block and something that can be added to make it last longer. I tend to have many questions. He feels he is the expert and knows best. I'm sure he is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing, but. . . .

Hope everyone had a less painful or uncomfortable day.
Not a good sign that your doc did not fully answer your questions. He may be an expert and he may know best. He also may be fond of the hammer and nail patient relationship. He is the hammer and your are the nail. He only knows one way. Or he may just be arrogant.

The trouble is you really have no way of making an assessment given his response to your being a savy consumer.

When it comes to CRPS many times a doctor's failure to answer questions is a red flag.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote