View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi In Transition,

It is common for a lower denture to be loose as there is nothing for it to hang on to. It is also common for the dental patient to see their dentist periodically during the healing phase to have the denture relined to help secure the fit a little bit. You can also try a denture adhesive and see if that helps the denture to stay in place better. The adhesive that patients seem to like a lot is called Secure and it comes in form of a paste. All you need is a few small spots of it on the denture..... too much can make it difficult to remove the denture and too little may not be enough. You have to work with it for awhile to see how much you need to be comfortable.

As for disclosing your situation to your new boyfriend..... do so only if you are comfortable with sharing that with him. It's your choice if you want to keep it a secret ...... if he finds out on his own, he should respect your wishes to not tell him until you were ready.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Transition View Post
Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself. I just had all my bottom teeth removed and implants placed two weeks ago. I'm making a good adjustment but I wasn't prepared to have a loose denture for 3-5 months. I'm in a new (3 month old relationship) and I'm very self conscious about my lower denture moving around while we kiss. I've only told my new boyfriend that I've had work done on my teeth and I can't chew properly for awhile. My close friend thinks I should tell him because she doesn't believe in "secrets". My sense is that I have a right to privacy but I don't want to feel like I'm holding back and worried that he'll notice my denture because it feels loose when we're kissing.

So my two questions are - privacy or disclosure. Also, is there any way to secure lower dentures better?

Thanks.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote