View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I honestly couldn't think, on Thursday, if anything good had happened to me the past week or not. I looked through my "diary"--big mistake. All I saw were things like: both long-haired cats had cat box/scissors problems (yuck); neighbor's dogs pooped by our garage door again; stupid Daylight Saving Time; want to go to church and can't; exhausted from grocery shopping....you get the drift.

But it's a couple of days later and I'm able to see (if not literally a silver lining) but at least the flowers hiding among the weeds.

For example:

The neighbor with the undisciplined dogs called and offered us a nice lake trout her son had caught (we declined, but it was nice of her to offer).

My pastor told me he missed my "quick wit and analytical mind". That made me feel good. He could have said "smart mouth and critical spirit".

The day we had gone shopping, a friend said, "Oh that's right, it's Wednesday--geezer day at the village store." I thought, "Rats, I didn't ask for the senior discount!" But I looked at my receipt, and they gave it to us anyway. Hey, 5 bucks is 5 bucks, and we're too old to be insulted by getting an automatic geezer discount.

On a day that I was feeling that I have precious little left to offer, someone said, "I always laugh or at least smile when I read your emails." I really needed to hear that on that day.

And last (but not least) asparagus was on sale for $1.99 a pound. I never buy it when it's not on sale, so I treated myself. It's especially tasty this time, and a perfect compliment to my scrambled (fresh) eggs.

There. There are some things I love.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-29-2012), Kitty (03-25-2012), new2net98 (04-13-2012), SallyC (03-25-2012)