View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What will help calm a bad TOS flare?

I need help. I can't seem to get this flare calmed down. It has been going on for over three weeks and I feel I can't take the pain and burning much longer. I do have an appointment with my neurologist this Thursday, but that seems like forever from today. I tried to get in sooner, but this is the best they could do.

I have been propping my arm on a pillow. Trying to sleep mostly in the corpse position (not sleeping much due to pain). I am putting lots and lots of heat packs on my neck, shoulder, arm. Also doing the neck stretch for the scalenes - the one where you hold the side of the chair and tilt the head to the opposite shoulder, and shoulder shruggs. Both of these exercises were recommended by my vascular surgeon. I am having husband do most of the housework again because my arm is so painful I just want to rest it.

Oh, I also started taking a baby aspirin per day about two weeks ago as suggested by my vascular surgeon. It does not help with pain but I think he suggested it because I have both ATOS and NTOS. The doctor also prescribed 100mg of Neurontin. I did not fill it because I had a very bad allergic reaction to Lyrica and I was afraid of getting another reaction (severe hives).

Any suggestions would be so welcome. Thanks.

Any suggestions?
ElyseHart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote