Thread: sympathectomy?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lupus,

So sorry that you are so sick. I grew up in south Jersey not too far from where you live now, but married and moved away to RI over 25 years ago. I still miss it down there!!

I was diagnosed in June 2008, my injury occurred in Nov 2006. In April 2010 I started ketamine infusions with Dr. Getson in Marlton, NJ. Ketamine changed my life. Dr. Getson is great, but I understand he is becoming more and more a cash up front operation, due to the difficulty of insurance coverage and ketamine.

If you would like more info, check out the Ketamine Klub page on FB. The RSDSA.org is also an excellent source of information.

Good luck, Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus777 View Post
Thanks everyone for all your advice. I really appreciate it. I don' t know anybody with rsd and for the past two years I have kept all my feelings and questions to myself.

My friends and family try to help but they really don't understand. A lot of days the pain is so intense it causes me to vomit or dry heave. I have tried to continue to work as a physical education teacher through this process, but I have missed a lot of days, well over my allotted 10 sick days. My principal is amazing and completely understands when I call out. The problem is our school is small and I am the only pe teacher there so if I miss school the kids don't have pe unless there homeroom teachers follows the plans I leave. I feel quility that the kids miss organized pe classes. Some days I have gone to school and have to leave early because I can't make it. I am currently on short term disability to go through the blocks and make some treatment decisions. I miss the kids but not the panic and stress I felt every morning when I had to decide if I could push myself and make it to school or did I have to call out again. This is the first time I have ever taken time for myself and I know I shouldn't but I feel quility. Any suggestions on how to handle this quilt?

It is amazing that in two days all of you not only read my question but took time to answer me. I don't feel alone anymore. This place is incredible.
Wishing everyone well,
Lupus
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lupus777 (03-26-2012)