View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nick,

It is obvious you like to express yourself. Between texting, posting, talking, etc., maybe you are trying too hard to constantly express yourself. Maybe you can try just being quiet. Minimize your communication and need to express yourself.

The common expression for this behavior is schizoid. It is a common symptom of many with PCS. We withdraw from being expressive and become quiet and some would say, loners. I believe this is due to a self protection. We realize our struggles to be expressive and choose to be quiet.

I used to be very talkative. Not so much anymore. I carefully choose when to be talkative. I also am slow to speak so I can get my thought and words together. The word finding problems can become almost overwhelming.

I find it interesting that the younger generations have so much to say. Is there really so much to say, or is it just talk for the sake of a habit of talking? The availability of instant communication may be causing a stress level that is not healthy., especially for those with PCS.

But then, I am brain damaged so I may be wrong.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (03-25-2012)