View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What kind of doctor to see to rule out or in MG?

Hi guys,

I have a plethora of symptoms and have had for some years now that I can't figure out, .. and just don't get better.

Briefly I have:

Diplopia

Ghosted vision (monocular diplopia) *IE: a fainter image of the thing I'm looking at in each eye in front of what I'm looking at.

Dispersed muscle weakness--

My shoulders, back, neck, hands (ie: Trying to squeeze a water hose or sprayer.. after a few seconds it feels like my muscles give out and I have to stop.) -- Typing right now on a laptop is difficult to just hold my hand up in the air (hovering over the keyboard as I lay on my stomach) --

The list could go on with the muscles.... but weird weaknesses that can't be explained. Although I could lift some heavier weight a few times .. doesn't make sense.

Holding my mouth open at the dentist causes it to shake after a short period of time..

Just sitting up straight now is tough -- I have some sort of pain in my neck/back from it.. and I can be sitting or driving and have to relax my neck to one side or the other -- leaning my head to one shoulder, etc.

My bowels -- I don't feel like I go enough nor does 'enough' come out when I do. *TMI?*

Any activity that used to be easy -- working on a car for a little while, etc.. I can't sustain..

I am 33 now, just turned it. This has been persisting for 6 years or so now. Slowly getting worse I'm afraid.

I noticed it first with my vision.. which is a 24/7 thing.

Bottom line, is I think MG may be the issue -- and I've been to a few GP's in the past.. an ophthalmologist , and so on.. but no talk of MG.. and I'm a little doctor shy because no real concrete problem has been found.

So, what kind of doctor should I see?

Just any neurologist?

Should I go in and say I want to be tested for MG?

Another thing -- My mind, it is constantly foggy - and I can't think straight, nor see properly all the time. Can this be from MG?

Thanks,
Neofate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote