View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Learn how to knit and crochet. It will keep you hands busy without over-stressing your brain.

It is known to be a non-stress activity.

What kind of drawing did you try that overdid your brain?

What kind music does you in with just one song?

If you can text and post, your brain is putting the thoughts together.

Finding the words may just take time. You may never recover word finding to your pre-morbid level. That should not stop you from living life.

I know many people who live with permanent word finding disabilities.

I honestly do not believe that you are getting worse. I think you are just getting frustrated and tired of the ups and downs and want to be free of your limits. You always have a 'nothing is getting better' which makes it appear that things are getting worse.

What tasks do you have that you can slowly check off steps? An SSDI application? Getting your car running? Finding a place to live?

Set up a daily agenda. Write it down. Then, each day, follow the list and check off the things you have done. At the end of each day, take notice of the number of little things you accomplished.

Counting the little things accomplished is the start of moving forward.

Note the ways you did things differently. For the tasks you did not accomplish, write down a new way to try to accomplish that task.

Do this for a few weeks. It will lead to improvements in both your attitude and abilities.

If there is a task you have not been able to do, post the task and see of we can help you find a way to do it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-26-2012), SpaceCadet (03-26-2012)