Thread: Muscle Pain
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tatia, I have to take Tylenol EVERY night of my life! My legs cramp ALL THE TIME!! I have done this for a couple of years before my diagnosis -- so, I'm confident it is MG. I try NOT to "abuse" the Tylenol (I take the 8-hour extended dose) -- so, one night, I'll take ONE and the next night I'll take TWO and then the next night ONE.......

I also have muscle pain in my neck and shoulders quite often -- especially when I'm in an exacerbation -- I'm coming OUT of one right now. I'm constantly moving my head right and left, up and down, moving my shoulders up and down -- like I'm trying to WORK out the pain. It doesn't get RID of the soreness -- but, I shudder to think how bad it would be IF I didn't even TRY! You ought to HEAR all of the POPPING noises -- guess my tendons aren't holding all that well anymore. Muscles, tendons, ligaments get loose, from what I understand, with MG.

My doc and I have talked a lot about exercise -- and he firmly believes that I need to keep my muscles in as good a shape as POSSIBLE. Everytime I go into an exacerbation, I lose muscle mass. Yeah, I know that with MG this is just "give or take". I walk when I can -- and LISTEN to my body. On days that I don't feel right -- I SIT. MG is a weird disorder. But, I'm determined NOT to end up in a wheelchair -- my doc mentioned the possibility once. If it is within my power.....................not gonna happen. I'm hard-headed.
Geode (04-01-2012)