Thread: Muscle Pain
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was diagnosed for with MG almost 4 yrs. ago but I have had lower back pain for about 9 yrs. (When I took a fall.)

About 9 months ago the pain became much more severe and my leg muscles, hips and buttocks had become painful and with every step my pain became more severe. (Excruciating) A MRI showed mild to moderate spinal stenosis at L4-L5 and I had steroid epidural injections. They really helped a lot but my back is still painful and so are my leg muscles, hips and buttocks and although not as much, it still gets worse when walking or on my feet for any length of time.

Medical websites explain that exercises that strengthen your back and core muscles can reduce the pain of stenosis and the pain Dr. that did the epidurals agrees

Now here’s the kicker.

The same Dr. that did the epidurals agrees BUT, he also believes that the weakening of these muscles will not cause more pain. I asked him how he comes to that conclusion and he can’t explain. Go figure, I can’t.

Even though he has helped me with my pain, I have an appointment with another pain Dr. next month just to ask some questions and I am hoping he will have more than 2 minutes for me and maybe answer some other questions about how MG can have an indirect effect on pain.

Tony
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Geode (04-01-2012)