View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just want to say this as well. I pushed myself trying to work 4 hours a day for 3 days the first week of Jan. And I thought I was doing well. The crash (setback, flare up) hit harder than ever with my symptoms the worse they had ever been! It almost seemed like I had another concussion or another brain ailment. My husband was very worried and my emotions spiraled way down.

This crash lasted at least 6 weeks. And now, my speech is doing really well. And I am still improving. Even though I still have struggles, I am becoming more aware of just how little it can take to go overboard. Its only taken 2.5 years to learn this

Our grandsons were over yesterday for a short visit and they are so good and they were fairly quiet. I was communicating well, but today it's a no-go. I've done extremely little today. Most of it spent just resting in the quiet and dozing every now and then. I could do more but Im starting to read myself better and STOP! Im fairly certain tomorrow will be better.

Take it easy and be good to yourself!

Xsoccergal
Female, 44 years old. Several concussions over the years - the first was most severe (kicked by horse), recovered well. Last 2 concussions Oct, 2009 and were two weeks apart. I attempted to return to working 12 hrs/wk (working from home), but was unsuccessful. Currently applying for medical disability.

Primary Symptoms: dizziness, light & sound sensitivity, confusion, difficulty focusing attention, headaches, depression, exteme fatigue, some insomnia and occassional speach problems - stammer, halted speach as I try to find the word or thought and using incorrect words. Trouble focusing on conversation if there is other noise around - especially other conversations.

Soccergal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (03-26-2012)