Thread: sympathectomy?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Dr. Getson is one of the finest RSD docs in the country, and you would be blessed to have him care for you!!

It can be very difficult to obtain insurance company coverage for ketamine, and Getson's average per day (in my experience), was $1700.

My RI United Healthcare paid for a portion of my charges at Getson's, but not all. He does not accept insurance as payment in full. Eventually, the WC Court in RI forced my insurance company to cover my expenses. Otherwise, it would have been prohibitively expensive for me to continue the treatments at his rates.

I am receiving ketamine in RI with Dr. Chopra so I don't have to travel out of state anymore. He is also a great doctor. But Dr. Getson was the doctor that correctly diagnosed me, and wrote an awesome report for me, and first treated me. I will always remember him for that. He is truly special in my book...

Good luck to you. BTW, I am from Haddonfield, but my parents live in FL and at their shore house now in the summer. they came home home early in 2010 so that my dad could drive me back and forth to get my ketamine in Marlton.

Keep in touch, and let me know how you make out! sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus777 View Post
Sandy,
I know Dr Getson but i didn't know he did rsd. I thought he was only a family physician. His kids were at the summer camp I work at in the summer. His son was in my class. It's a small world.
Is it hard to get the insurance companies to agree to ketamine infusions? I couldn't even get physical therapy covered. I will look into him though.
Thanks,
Lupus
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote