View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. It makes you wonder whether, as an intelligent person you will ever be as you once were.

I am not sure, how long it has been since your aneurysm rupture - you said last January, do you mean January 2011 or 2012? Either way, don't feel bad - the brain is very slow to heal, and two years seems to be the expected time until you reach 'full recovery' - having said that, many people seem to imrove long after two years.

So, to answer your question - although I didn't have a rupture, I did have a crantiotomy to clip my aneurysm, and I have MS which clouds the whole issue. I recall ordering my children (who were then 8 and 10 years old) to put their school bags in the fridge. I said some utterly ridiculous things, couldn't cope at all with light sound and movement (so shopping, movie theatres and carnivals were a nightmare).

As my recovery progressed, I remember having 'headache-less migraines and making absolutely no sense at all - to anyone.

Yes - depression became part of my life, but I knew for the sake of my husband and my kids that I needed to gain control and get past it - but it was HARD.

But, have faith - write lists - play word games - play memory games. It will hopefully happen though it may take some time. Keep a diary - you will be amazed at how powerful your brain and your recovery is. Just don't expect too much too fast.

Regards

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sah-PCA (03-27-2012)