View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had horrible lower back pain, and most of the MDs treated me like I was drug seeking, or whining. Even tho I never asked any of them for drugs! I had head splitting migraines, and got the same treatment. Kept telling the docs that i knew something was wrong, and was reassured that I was stressed, or overworked, or just dealing with alot and its common. UGH! Fast forward 6 years and we moved to a new state. The local MD did my yearly exam and said "I think you have MS!" I was not happy to hear that, but the MRI proved it.

Back pain is one of the most commonly reported sx of in America. We sit hunched over our desks all day, lift babies, and small children like sacks of flour, and we dont exercise and strengthen our core like we should. MDs hear this a lot from their patients that their back hurts, but if you combine it with other things, it should be ringing a bell for him.

Welcome to the clubhouse. I hope you get answers soon. Remember, MS is a journey to get diagnosed. its almost never a quick zip in the door, "you have MS" and then home again. 90% of us have been dismissed and have had to seek out our own answers and demand better responses from our MDs.

I suggest finding an MS center near you. Even if you only go for the diagnosis process and never see them again. They are the big boys that see this stuff everyday and can tell an apple from an orange at first glance.

Hang in there.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-27-2012), Christy80 (04-11-2012)