Thread: Pray for me
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 07:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

((((((Jennifer)))))),

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose someone that you have a real strong connection with. My younger Brother committed suicide at age 21 -- over 40 years ago. Took me a long time to get my balance back.

The only real thing that helps is time -- and memories. You'll learn, through trial and error -- and just plain old force-of-will -- how to put these feelings away in your brain and in your heart. ...so that the pain doesn't hurt anymore and the memories bring comfort.

Sometimes, reading the words of others who understand helps. I've found these to be not just comforting -- but also helpful:
Rainbows and Butterflies -- I've told a lot of friends about this site. Everyone that I've told has experienced this gift.

Living When a Loved One Has Died - Rabbi Earl A. Grollman -- this man is incredible. He's one of the true gifts from G-d. He helped me move my Mom from out-of-state into a Massachusetts hospice. He's a very kind, caring man.

any Elisabeth Kubler-Ross book -- I attended a workshop that she held during the time that my Mom was in hospice. I also attended a family memorial service a year after my Mom had passed.

I wish, more than anything, Jennifer that you weren't having to experience this. It's different when you lose a friend; you don't have the same support that family members do. I imagine that you're just finding that out now.

After you read the website about after-death communication, stay real quiet and thoughtful for a few days. You'll get a communication from your friend through another living being -- an animal, maybe a plant -- that will let you know that your friend has arrived safely.

I've evolved a 'different' belief system over time that has protected me and comforted me. I don't believe that our loved ones go to 'nothingness' or even to 'heaven'. I believe that their energy gets reused and will come back to us in another form -- especially if the connection was strong.

I'll say a quiet prayer for your friend tonight. And you, I'll pray for you too, Jennifer. Stay close to your friend's family -- they're gonna need you, and you them. Talk about your friend a lot. The talking helps to develop the strong memories which are truly a gift. Hugs.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote