View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Think I have PCS? Need help, Drs. slow to help

I stumbled onto this forum out of a desparate need. Hope someone will help me. Thanks in advance. I am a young 58 yr. old woman, active, ususally happy, have struggled with drug resistant depression most of my life, but I have always coped raising four children, now have 5 grands, let me say again, very active, and try to be "up" in spite of depression, currently NOT depressed, in fact day of my fall I was thinking "How wonderful life is", had the thought minutes before my fall. I feel getting out of shower, slipped on wet floor, went into air, and fell on marble floor door thingy. I remember laying on the floor after the fall, but it is hard to remember the fall, or how it happened. I was in pain in my hip where it hit, and I felt my head throbbing, I never blacked out, I simply remember thinking "I am going to die on this floor, naked", I didn't move for a long time for fear I had really injured my neck or spine or hips or back. I gradually got up and walked and called my husband and he came home, we sat on the sofa and I felt sore, had a huge goose-egg on the back of my head, felt dizzy, out of it, went to Health Clinic and was diagnosied with concussion, I was already see Neurologist for spinal stenosis and buldging discs in cervical and lumbar regions, the Health Clinic told me to rest for a week, and take it easy, I rested for two weeks because I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT REST, sleep was not refreshing, I refilled my Ambien, started upping my Xanax for the increased anxiety, that was 6 weeks ago, now I have started having Migrane type headaches, had to go get a shot of Torodal, had a reaction, then went to ER where ER Dr. told me I might have PCS. I am scheduled to see Neuro next week, what do I ask, what do I do, anyone have severe headaches, most occur while I am sleeping and wake me from sleep, taking Fiorocet per neuro. Sorry so long, oh, forgot to say, I can't remember words, like the street name I live on, random words I have used everyday, and that is the hardest part for me for I am a writer and trying to finish a new novel. Thank you for reading, hope someone can give me some peace of mind, or the mind I have left.
alabamaauthor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote