View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Just got back home from my appointment with the hand-shoulder surgeon. He checked my ulnar nerve, checked for carpal tunnel and frozen shoulder. He did not evoke pain when testing for these things, but holding my arm up over my head made my hand ache so badly and turn white. He said it is not his area but it sure looked like TOS to him. He compared the temperature of my hands by holding both at the same time and said the TOS side feels a little warmer, but felt it was due to nerve irritation, not a blood clot because like you said, it would be getting much worse and would be swollen.

He did not rule out RSD/CRPS because I got it after my ulnar nerve surgery on the left side a few years ago. He said I need to go back to the vascular surgeon because this is beyond his scope of practice.

At least I have cleared up my doubts as to whether I had a blood clot (for now) and also was it maybe a severe case of carpal tunnel. I am concerned that is may be RSD. When I saw the vascular surgeon about three weeks ago, he wanted me to get a stellate ganglion block on that side to see if all this pain is sympathetically maintained or not. I don't know about those blocks, I have heard some good and some bad. Can it be sympathetically maintained if I can get out of pain in a couple of positions? When I had RSD on the left side, nothing I could do got me out of pain. This feels somewhat the same, yet also different.

I am so nervous and worn out. Not sure what to do next. Who to call? What would you do?
ElyseHart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote