Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsegoer View Post
My dad has been saying that his biggest problem is his depression. He has tried 3 different anti depressants with bad side effects. I feel terrible for him. Can anyone suggest anything to help his depression/mood? Thanks very much
I suffered with serious depression for decades before Parkinson's diagnosis. When I began taking the "gold standard" medication carbidopa/levodopa I experienced greater relief from depression than with any previous combination of antidepressant meds and/or talk therapy.

I currently take Buproprion (generic Welbutrin) and Cymbalta to help keep my mood positive, along with a total 1100mg of combination controlled release and fast-acting carbi/levo, along with amantadine.

I am in my 11th year of PD diagnosis. My PD is of the primarily bradykinetic, balance challenged type, with essentially no tremor. I do experience "on-off" effects if my meds timing is not spot on, but mostly maintain good mobility and fairly good strength and energy, and only minor dyskinesia and dystonia.
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote