View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My personal opinion is that any neurologist who see's you, will consider MG as a diagnostic possibility.

It may become a problem if your tests will be normal, but this is not something you can know beforehand.

Quote:
To be honest I am scared of doctors throwing my symptoms off as psychological, and dismissive.
Having your symptoms attributed to psychological issues, is only a problem if it deprives you from proper care or endangers your life, but as it is you are not receiving any care.

In fact, I was very glad when in the early days of my illness, the neurologist I was referred to, thought I was just overworked and need some rest.
I was even quite happy when after my first hospitalization (with a myasthenic crisis) he told me that he is sure I will do better with hypnosis therapy. (at that time I was receiving IVIG which only led to mild and transient improvement and it gave me enormous hope to think that hypnosis therapy is all that is required to make me well again).

The worst case scenario is that the situation will stay the same, the best case scenario is that you will have diagnostic tests, receive proper treatment and do better.

Right now, you are the one depriving yourself of proper care.

If I were in your place, I would go see a neurologist, describe what I am experiencing as accurately as possible, and see what he/she thinks.
It may be myasthenia or some other possibly treatable illness.

It is true that there are some arrogant and obnoxious physicians, but it is their problem not yours. And there are many who are truly caring and compassionate and will try their best to help.

What ever you do, don't give up on yourself,

Alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote