Thread: My left foot
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I am always amazed that doctors would say swelling does not hurt! The foot has ligaments that can compress nerves when swollen!
They seem to enjoy invalidating your pain and symptoms all the time.
At least that is MY experience.

The anti-inflammatory patches called Salonpas work on spots without exposing you to oral drugs which go everywhere.

So do consider that as well. Many doctors are unfamiliar with OTC products:

http://www.salonpas.us/

I've used the original patch (the one with methyl salicylate in them) for years now with success. I've just started with the new arthritis ones for an elbow strain, and discovered they don't stick very well. I put the small original ones stacked in twos just above the ankle, on the front of the calf and they prevent much of the swelling I get sometimes. The original type are very inexpensive, too, which makes them attractive.

Just for the record I find aspirin more useful than NSAIDs for inflammatory things. But it has to be used carefully and may affect bleeding in some patients. I use AlkaSeltzer original formula for this purpose, pain.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (03-28-2012)