View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So, still waiting to see a neuro opthamologist (apparently they are not all that common)! however I had my first rheumy appointment yesterday - she came very highly recommended by a lot of other dr's... she thinks I have sjogrens with neurological invovlement (my ANA went from 1:80 to 1:640 as my symptoms worsened.. also another sjogrens test they did was positive).. so she is goign to start me on plaquenil first for a few months and then add immuran if optimal results not seen by that time.. It seems like a lof of MGers are on immuran, so I thought that would be good for me if needed to see if it helps! The IVIG just isn't helping as much as it used to.. I feel like slowly I'm heading back to what I was before I was admitted into the hospital in the first place - breathing, swallowing, all over muscle weakness worsening.. though the IVIG does give me a boost and make my hands and hips especially work better! it ususally helps my swallowing feel 100% too, but I got meningitis this last time and it hasn't helped that at all hopefully the new meds will help!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote