Old 03-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickablesword View Post
I went to CVS to have a script filled. They told me it would be 24 hrs because it's a compound. I came back 3 days later and they hand me a cream(not a compound) I asked if it was a compound and they said no. I said it was incorrect and they said it was correct. I asked why the person said I would have to wait 24 hrs and they said they do not know. I called the doctor and she confirmed it should have been a compound. The doc called CVS to have it filled correctly. Had to wait 24 hrs again. Went in 3 days later and they charge me again even though they did it wrong at first. They claim they can't take medicine back. When I get home to apply the cream it looks noticeably different than what I'm used to seeing and it seems like it's not an ample amount of the active ingredient(steroid) I want to know if there is an agency to measure the ingredients in my script?
It is a very good idea to photocopy your RX before taking it in the pharmacy. Then these questions would not arise.

You can always request to have a COPY of your RX given to you from the pharmacy. Then you would know exactly what you were prescribed.

If it is a recipe with more than one ingredient, you could see that.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-29-2012)