Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post
I suffered with serious depression for decades before Parkinson's diagnosis. When I began taking the "gold standard" medication carbidopa/levodopa I experienced greater relief from depression than with any previous combination of antidepressant meds and/or talk therapy.

I currently take Buproprion (generic Welbutrin) and Cymbalta to help keep my mood positive, along with a total 1100mg of combination controlled release and fast-acting carbi/levo, along with amantadine.

I am in my 11th year of PD diagnosis. My PD is of the primarily bradykinetic, balance challenged type, with essentially no tremor. I do experience "on-off" effects if my meds timing is not spot on, but mostly maintain good mobility and fairly good strength and energy, and only minor dyskinesia and dystonia.
My dad is taking carbi/leva....the ONLY PD symtoms he has that bothers him is tremors and depression. THe doc says he has some rigidity( i noticed it too) but all in all they say he is in GREAT shape for someone 70 yrs old with PD. THe meds have not made hime worse or better of the last two years. I guess him running over 50 marathons and triathalons and juicing etc. made him in better shape with the PD than he would have been. Been then he gets very upset because he says he took care of himself to the extent most don't and look what happened... PD
Horsegoer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote