View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been thinking alot about dreams lately, b/c every dream I've had post morbidity has been dramatically real and weird. Everybody has had a dream that felt so real that it takes time to remind yourself it is just a dream when you wake up? I have that dream every night.

A lot of them involve going back to work; but, almost never do I dream about my last job, the one I was just replaced at two weeks ago. Instead I am almost always going back to the restaurant management industry I left 8 years ago, to places that don't exist but experiencing the kind of frustrations I remember vividly from those days. Then there are dreams that seem to take something that happened to me and replay it with different circumstances or details. It's hard to describe, but I can't help but feel my dreams are really my brain going through all my memories and testing them out or reordering them or something.

But what is consistent is that when I wake up, I have to disentangle myself from my dreams, every time. I always wake up believing that something needs done, or something bad or just odd just happened to me, or I am late to do something or go somewhere, and I have to remind myself, it's just a dream. I don't understand why my dreams are like this; premorbid, I would barely remember my dreams, and if I did they were typical ones.

I don't know, does anybody else get this kind of thing?
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote