View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am very interested in this because my feet have been ALL SORTS of messed up since this past July. I have fibro and mixed connective tissue disease.

My TOES starting hurting/seeming to grow in after using antibiotics for wisdom teeth in July. Then I developed neuromas in both feet, although worse in my right. Then my toenails started getting red around them, and painful, like they were sharp daggers. I got 3 cortizone shots in right foot. I got custom orthotics. Podiatrist told me I have no structural foot problems (but this is not true as I have bunions on both feet, come on!) My chiropractor started adjusting my feet and got me the orthotics. Recently, I had asked why my left foot was never comfortable, and they rescanned me. I had to send my orthotics back in and wait a couple weeks for the new ones. I used over the counter orthotics, and my feet have completely turned back to worse. Turning red again, cold then burning, then numb again, and now I feel my neuroma in the right foot again.

One of my big complaints is the soles of my feet hurt and get so tender. Is this fibro or is this plantar fascitis? Is this caused by the neuroma? I saw the podiatrist a bunch of times and they can't seem to tell me anything. The last few weeks my right foot has hurt worse outside bottom right side. Not my heel, but in the outside arch of my foot. And suddenly I'm noticing how much my toes look curved. The years I wore only sandals they never looked like this.

Arthritis? Fibro? Neuropathy? Neuroma? Plantar Fasciitis? Something is not right here... I don't know what to do next. I cannot wear sandals anymore, and walking barefoot feels best. If I wear shoes I need my orthotics. Hmmm...
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote