Thread: foot neuropathy
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default foot spa helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrimac View Post
hello. im a new one to this whole forum thing. i was diagnosed in 2005 with type 2 diabeties. then about 3 or 4 months ago my legs and feet started to hurt alot. i went to doc and found out is neuropathy. never heard of this before. then about a month ago i found out im not type 2 but type 1 diabetic, im on insulin which i try to take twice a day. i do good for a month then slack off because i hate needles... but i will do the needles as much as needed to ease the pain in my feet. i was on neurotin and last week went on lyrica. i take percosets every 4 hours and 100 mg of lyrica 3 times a day. i want to cry right now cause my feet are burning so bad. i was working a fulltime job and part time job, but just last month gave up the part time job because i couldnt take the pain in the feet anymore. i hate socks and shoes on because my feet hurt and burn so bad. any suggestions to calm my feet would be welcomed. thanks for listening to me. i feel for anyone that has to go thru this but i know im thankful i have my legs and that im not in a wheelchair but sometimes its just overwelming.
I have foot problems that range from pins and needles, numbness,burning,freezzing to excruciating pain depending on what I'm doing and what kind of day or night I am having. Walking on tile feels like walking barefoot on a skating rink.I used to be constantly barefoot unless I absolutely had to where shoes. Now I always have to have something comfortable on my feet, usually lined slippers or plastic clogs with socks. But everyone's pain is different at different times. I invested in a circulating foot bath with a heat control which I use with epsom salts. If I soak my feet in the foot spa for 20 minutes or so I find that it does help relieve the symptoms for a decent amount of time. If your feet are mostly 'burning' then forget about the heat option and put ice in the foot spa. I highly recommend it. Also, if there is someone around to help, a good foot massage with hot or cold creme, depending on your situation helps with circulation, but sometimes it hurts too much for that. I hope you find some relief. John
jlay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote