Thread: Five years
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I've often thought back to the year I was diagnosed (2005) and pondered the progression of my MS.

It's definitely progressed.......but I'm still doing most things I want to do, some things I don't want to do , and realizing that, although this was not the life I had envisioned, I'm blessed beyond measure.

Barb, I thought I might have had a brain tumor, too, in the beginning. I had such awful double vision and none of the doctors I went to seemed to know what was going on. To this day I still wonder why MS was not thought of and tested for right away.

The Neuro that diagnosed me was a little surprised at my reaction to the MS diagnosis. Hearing "MS" when you're ready to hear "brain tumor" is definitely a relief.

I, too, think I'm mentally stronger than I was pre-dx. Many unhappy things have happened since 2001.......and MS is not at the top of this list......and it's all made me realize that I'm stronger and more resilient than I ever knew I was.

Sometimes I worry about things.....but just for a minute and then I just tell myself that I'm obviously not in charge here. I just do the best I can with what I have and trust that the rest will work itself out the way it's always been intended to.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-29-2012), SallyC (03-29-2012)