View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PSC Recovery Years Later

I suffered several (4) concussions during my teen years playing Hockey and Rugby, and had thought my PSC recovery was more or less complete as I suffered my last concussion nearly 7 years ago (with the exception of sense of smell - it comes and goes for minutes to days). Four years ago at age 20 was the last noticeable step forward as I one day felt like a cloud had left my head - my grades in university went from C's to A's overnight. The weird thing is I didn't even realize I has a cloud until it disappeared one afternoon. I haven't noticed any changes the last 4 years until recently, as I have been experiencing a lot of vivid nemories from area of my teen years that had been lost when I got concussed. It's the most buzzard experience, and whole it is comforting to know I am regaining parts of my life I had lost, it's a little worrisome that I am experiencing this 7 years later. The last 12 or so hours have been a flood of these memories, and I am not consciously doing anything to trigger them.

Has anyone else experienced this return of memories that had been lost from concussions years down the road? I am experiencing this memories from 12-7 years ago. Currently 24 years old, so the third quarter of my life so far.
Egleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
postconcussion (03-30-2012), Soccergal (03-30-2012), xanadu00 (03-29-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (04-02-2012)